Monday, April 30, 2012

Jack's Artemesia Manhattans

Jack's Artemesia Blood Orange Manhattan, aka "New Jack City"


Some months back, my friend Jack Coates e-mailed me a cocktail recipe he'd dreamed up using my organic Artemesia Kumquat liqueur; it was a new version of a classic - the Manhattan.

Well, I kept meaning to try it, but I didn't have sweet vermouth on hand.  Well, I have some now!  Last night I decided to shake one up.... oh, Jack!  That was sooo much tastier than the Manhattans Joel and I had in a hip all-night bar in Manhattan we went to with our New Yorker friends Kelly and Mo.  Now I'm a believer - in Manhattans! 

Then, last night he invented a new variation on it - this one with Artemesia Blood Orange Liqueur.  I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds just as fab.  Jack Coates - you, my friend, are a talented mixmaster.

I guess I'd better get that recipe right on out to you.

Jack's Artemesia Kumquat Manhattan

2 oz bourbon
1 oz dry vermouth
1 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 oz Artemesia Organic Kumquat Liqueur
Dash of bitters
Maraschino cherry (a REAL one.)
1 Lemon peel, bruised

Measure all of the liquids into your shaker, add ice. Shake well until chilled, pour. Garnish with the lemon peel and cherry.

Jack's Artemesia Blood Orange Manhattan (New Jack City)

2 oz bourbon (maker's mark)
1 oz dry vermouth (vya)

1 oz Artemesia Organic Blood Orange Liqueur
dash of bitters
orange peel
Maraschino cherry (a REAL one)

Measure all of the liquids into your shaker, add ice. Shake well until chilled, pour. Garnish with the orange peel and cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment